Archive for the ‘How To’ Category
Build a lowrider bike from prefabricated parts is very easy, many websites that the necessary parts to build the foundation of bikes, starting from frames, sprockets and other necessary things. With enough budget you can look at the ads on the internet or forums, had a likely look for places that you can see first hand the condition of the goods, can be bone-collectors, back alleys, and dumpsters junkyards. Building a bike itself is more challenging than buying. Your bike will be looking custom and will clearly look different with the bike manufacturer, so this could increase the attraction of people to our bikes.
Things that you will need are parts and basic hand tools
- You need to create the plan very carefully, because you’ve spent money to buy the equipment you need, and you certainly do not spend a little money for this project. “If my friend can, why can’t I? that’s what you should believe. Confidence will only produces a rich effect on the final result. Draw a bike that you will build up clearly.
- Finding the Frame that matches to the theme bikes, no matter how you like the frame badly, but if no suitable and fitting then that part can not be used. Precisely bike frame for kids are very nice and suitable. You can find frames in places like Thrift or junkyards.
- Build your front-end assembly. This includes the fork, the front wheels and steering wheel. Your bike will start to see new. Find a bicycle fork length in a larger size. The cart is an excellent source of sharp, small front wheels. Junkyards have ape hanger handlebars of motorcycles and cars old bicycle.
- Mount the rear wheels and chains. Looking for tires, large frame return you to the proper width. Once you mount the seat, you have a lowrider practicable.
- Select your peripherals. Turn the lever on the handlebars and banana seat assembly. Matching the color is beautiful. Now, compare the special touches to your bike stand out like a sissy bar, bell, lights, steering wheel chain antenna, and mud flag. Remember the rear fender, if you plan to ride in the rain.
I hope i can provide this instruction with step-by-step picture next post, good luck.
- Is the hub / free-hub is compatible to your bike disk-brake system? If it is, your bike is ready to be attached a disc-brake (6 Bolts / center-lock) then the disc-brake installation does not cause difficulty. However if the hub / free-hub parallax rotor can not be fitted, then you should get ready to replace its hub and free-hub. To replace it must also consider the number of holes / hole rims / wheels your bike, so it will be the same number (eg 36 h, 32 h). You must also consider the rotor to be used (center-lock or 6 Bolts).
- Have you prepared a new brake cable? With the change of the v-brake to disc-brake surely there must be its replacement brake cable (for disc-brake mechanical). This is because his brake cable length increases. While for his disc-brake hydraulic hose is usually made up one with his disc-brake.
- Is the frame / fork of his support for brakes fitted with disc-brake system? For some types of fork and a specific frames, can not use disc-brake. This is because it has no disc-brake holder, so as to frame it. Possible solutions to replace the fork and pair disc-brake adapter (one of his model: AZ adapter).
- Brake lever will have to adjust when using hydraulic disc-brake. When fused with the brake lever shifters will need to replace the shifter / brake lever.
Thus a little explanation for the replacement of v-brake into disc-brake, sorry I can’t provide you the step-by-step pictures guide.
- Remove the chain (Using Chain cutter for about $3-$5).
- Enter into an empty bottle of mineral water, more easily find the bottle that has a lid that is slightly wider.
- Fill kerosene in the bottle that contains the chain as high as 3-5 cm, and then close the bottle.
- Shake the bottle for 5 minutes, you can also posing as a bartender or you’ve got their own way to sing or dance is also good.
- Once completed, then remove the chain, will look shiny and clean.
- Earlier in the sprocket teeth should also be cleaned.
- The last step we clean with a cloth before we put it on a bike.
- Lubricate the pin after pin with chain lube lubricant finish-line
- Cycling increases mobility of people who cannot use motor vehicles.
- Cycling increased confidence for those who do not have the skills to drive a car or motorcycle.
- Cycling can eliminate the saturation effect due to vehicle traffic.
- Cycling is the best vehicle for people who do not like to drive a vehicle (car or motorcycle).
- Many alternative routes to the destination with biking.
- Bicycles are the most efficient vehicle in the world.
- Cycling at the same time the practice of patience and intelligence.
- By cycling makes people more able to save.
- Cycling reduces stress.
- Bike is one of the most efficacious therapeutic methode for the spirit of life
- Bike is one of the fitness therapy equipment
- By cycling makes us more familiar in the highway
- Cycling can improve the quality of life
- Cycling can save a fitness center membership fees and sports.
- Regular cycling has no side effects to the body.
- Cycling has a positive effect on the environment
- Cycling can familiarize neighbors and companions
- Cycling can bring healthy people who have the same purpose.
- Bicycles free of the ticket
- If there is congestion on the bike path, it can still be enjoyed chatting with each other between the members of cyclists, and even made an appointment for lunch.
- Travel time more predictable
- Easy to find parking
- Ample parking is always free (except in foreign countries)
- Reducing the city land for parking cars / motorcycles.
- When you tired, you can still lead a bike across the sidewalk.
- Reducing air pollution
- Energy efficient, because it does not use fuel, transmission oil, Freon
- Reduce noise, because they have no exhaust
- Can break anywhere without causing congestion
- If a flat tire, can be handled as easily carry a spare tire
- Never had a bike collisions that cause death in world history
- Biking increase awareness among others, in the same boat
- Cycling can improve heart health
- Could reduce the excessive weight
- Increasing appetite for those who want fat
- Can increase productivity in the workplace
- Making their husbands come home faster and get to the house (for fear of being late on the road)
- Making the wife happy, because it will never be asked to help push the bike as when pushing the car if stalled.
- Makes you sleep more soundly without snoring
- Would never touch with the police because they do not require SIM (Licence Number)
- If you move house, the bike easily carried
- Bicycles can be taken when you want to picnic
- Able road bike in any environment; road asphalt, dirt, rocks, and even climbs up the mountain.
- Bicycles can also drive your child or wife with ease, not like a car or your motorcycle
- Bicycles can be brought into the park, or recreation center
- Bike makes you more cool, because it is very interesting variety of accessories.
You will need :
A complete bike
Extra fork and wheel
3 feet of 1/4 x 1-1/4 – inch steel flat stock
3 feet of 1/8 x 1-1/4 – inch steel flat stock
10 feet of 3/4-inch EMT twin wall electrical conduit
Two 3/4-inch conduit clamps
A 26-inch piece of 2″ x 4″
A Sheet of 1/2-inch plywood
An 8=foot piece of two=by-three
Nails, screw, nuts, bolts, etc
it will outride andouthandle. Best of all, you don’t have to butcher a good bike to build it. When you get tired of it you can unbolt the sidecar and still have a solo bike.While it doesn’t require welding. It’s tricker to build because it takes some hard bending, and a lot of trial and error to get everything line up tight.But unless you must have a box in front three wheeler, give this a try first.
That finishes it, although some paint would look good on sidecar. You’ll probably have to do some fiddling with the gear ratio to get the rig to pedal easily.
Riding the Sidecar Rig – Riding a sidecar rig is different, to say the least. Steering a regular bicycle is done almost completely with your body. you dont really use the handlebars much, and as often as not tey’re turn in the opposite direction of the turn (try it if you dont believe me!). There’s no such subtlety in steering a sidecar rig. The bars are turned-hard-in the direction you want to go-which is very spooky, because it goes against everything you’ve ever learned about riding a bike. When the rig corners it doesn;t lean, although you can lift the sidecar wheel if you try. if it’s cornered too fast it drifts (skids) or flips-just like a motorcycle sidecar! To make it even more confusing it’s asymmetrical-the two sides are completely different-so it will behave different depending on which way you’re turning. All this makes riding it very strange at first, and fun!
Troubleshooting – The sidecar whell may not stay in alignment if the clamps on the for stem are not a good fit. the surest fix is to have the clamps welded to the stem so it can’t twist. If welding isn;t available drill through the clamps into the stem with 1/8-inch drill and use a self-tapping metal screw to pin the stem in position. Be sure it’s lined up right first.
The more rigid a rig like this is the beter it will work. If it flexes too much try running another conduit strut from the clamp on the seat stay to the two-by-four axle strut, and fasten it with a 1-1/2-inch #10 screw. This can be a short one attached to the strut next to the box and be attaceh at the far end.
This oil used to give the parts metal treatment on the bike, it also helps the part metal long life. The lubricating is decreasing the friction of metals. If you let it be, then your part will arise hot on its area and the worst section it will be broken, so that’s why you need to tend that warnings to avoid damage, and the lubricant is also tend of stains.
Buy Good Quality Lubricant – The Lubricant oil can be had in several bikes store so you may pick up you use to. One thing you may pay attention, you must get the lubricant that has a good mark and tested product. The oils must water-proof to avoid the water mix with oil, the oil doesn’t make the dust cling, the oil has long lubricating, when you come to the store just look into the can, seek the label “waterproof lubricant”.
Part that need to be oiled
Clean all the parts that will be oiled form dust or something cling on the area one by one. Why? Because it can help the metal smooth without dust and junk. Now you are free to oiled the parts, and remember the main treatment that you are to do it regularly.
Hi guys do you know how to get a professional photo of our bikes? Lately I’m figuring how to take pictures with a great result, I just thought that it’s a hard to done and also need more money to do job. Perhaps you are the one to try this on your own garage. No need to rent a professional photographer to done your job, you just need couple things and manuals. But you still need money to buy couple things like camera, tripod, a wide white backdrop, flash lighting and other things, even I still got a problem to have the pair of flash-light here. You’d better check the guidance.